1700 7th Avenue, Suite 2100, Seattle, Washington 98101
The Best in Traffic, DUI and Criminal Defense
Available 24/7 For a FREE Consultation (206) 729-3477

The Seattle DUI and Criminal Defense Blog

Ticket Dismissed! Conditions Not Shown to be Unsafe

Posted Wednesday, August 4, 2021 by Andrew Charles Huff

A great win the other day on a “Speed too Fast for Conditions” infraction where RCW 46.61.400 requires a speed adjustment, even below the legal limit, if the conditions of the roadway require a lower speed. Examples include weather conditions or heavy… read more

Unpaid Traffic Tickets No Longer Cause Suspended License

Posted Wednesday, August 4, 2021 by Andrew Charles Huff

Thousands of Washington drivers will now see their licenses reinstated under a court-ordered moratorium on suspensions for unpaid traffic tickets. Previously, people with unpaid traffic tickets would see their driver’s licenses automatically revoked under… read more

Traffic Tickets and Insurance-What You Need to Know

Posted Friday, April 2, 2021 by Andrew Charles Huff

Many people who receive their first ticket in a while usually want to know if it will increase insurance rates if it ends up on their driving record. The answer is “absolutely” a single ticket on your driving record can and most likely will increase your… read more

Reasonably Avoiding Damage to Vehicle is Not Negligent

Posted Wednesday, March 31, 2021 by Andrew Charles Huff

A great outcome today in a disputed hearing after my client was cited for “Negligent Driving in the 2nd Degree” under RCW 46.61.525, an infraction which prohibits driving which is both “negligent and endangers person or property.” In this case, my client… read more

Citizen Informants and Traffic Stops

Posted Wednesday, March 17, 2021 by Andrew Charles Huff

Law enforcement official rely on “citizen informants” and the information they provide to catch criminals. But can police conduct a warrantless traffic stop based on an informants’ information? This was the issue before the Washington Court of Appeals… read more

Washington Supreme Court Invalidates Every Drug Possession Conviction - Ever

Posted Tuesday, March 16, 2021 by Andrew Charles Huff

The Washington Supreme Court just ruled that criminalizing simple possession of drugs is unconstitutional. This ruling extends to every simple possession conviction regardless of drug, quantity, time, or classification, whether felony or misdemeanor. The… read more

Ticket Dismissed in King County

Posted Tuesday, February 23, 2021 by Andrew Charles Huff

A great outcome in a traffic case recently filed in King County but the offense took place in Snohomish County. In this case, the officer first observed my client “appear to be speeding by a visual estimation” while on I-5 in King County heading… read more

Hit and Run-What Does the Law Require?

Posted Thursday, February 11, 2021 by Andrew Charles Huff

In my practice I have represented many people accused of striking another vehicle and then immediately leave the scene. There are several reasons why a person decides to leave a collision, however small without stopping and providing their name and… read more

Arrested for DUI? Here is What You Need to Know Regardless of Covid

Posted Wednesday, December 23, 2020 by Andrew Charles Huff

Covid-19 has changed the way we go about our daily business such as jobs, seeing friends and our daily activities. But for the many arrested for Driving Under the Influence, the procedures have not changed much, and immediate action is still needed on… read more

Fighting a Traffic Ticket is Covid Safe

Posted Tuesday, December 22, 2020 by Andrew Charles Huff

As we continue to battle Covid-19 in our daily lives with mask wearing, social distancing and other steps, one task this disease has not affected is effectively fighting a traffic ticket. This means that if you are one of the many who are cited for a… read more

Latest From the Blog…

5/4/2022 – For Motorcyclists, Be Safe and Be Legal read more…